Cody Cornelison's Reviews > Confederates in the Attic: Dispatches from the Unfinished Civil War

Confederates in the Attic by Tony Horwitz

U 50x66
Oct 11, 10

The author of this book is Tony Horwitz. The setting is all over the eastern United States. The main character travels from Georgia to Mississippi and back to Virginia. The point of view is first person so the main character is never known. None of the characters mention his name either. From clues and actions you can find out some about the main character. He dresses like the unions and confederates did in the war. He even eats like they did. He doesn't mind to travel alot either. The main character travels all over the east to find more facts out about the war. He likes to travel the back roads and unknown towns to find out about the little clubs and civil war buffs and talk to them about how that town still talks about the war and is involved in it everyday. He meets a man and this man goes to different places with him. They go everywhere together! The last place he goes is Alabama and they learn a little bit but not how much as he wanted. I liked the book but it wasn't as good as I thought it would be. I liked how the man traveled the back road. He went to the never heard of places.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Confederates in the Attic.