Charity's Reviews > Lady Chatterley's Lover

Lady Chatterley's Lover by D.H. Lawrence

Mar 17, 14

bookshelves: 1001books, brit-lit, radcliffe, 2014
Read from February 21 to 24, 2014

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lady Chatterley's Lover.

Quotes Charity Liked

D.H. Lawrence
“Ours is essentially a tragic age, so we refuse to take it tragically. The cataclysm has happened, we are among the ruins, we start to build up new little habits, to have new little hopes. It is rather hard work; there is now no smooth road into the future: but we go round, or scramble over the obstacles. We've got to live, no matter how many skies have fallen.”
D.H. Lawrence, Lady Chatterley's Lover

02/21 marked as: currently-reading
02/21 page 3
0.0% "Ours is essentially a tragic age, so we refuse to take it tragically. The cataclysm has happened, we are among the ruins, we start to build up new little habits, to have new little hopes. It is rather hard work; there is now no smooth road into the future: but we go round, or scramble over the obstacles. We've got to live, no matter how many skies have fallen."
02/21 page 5
1.0% "They lived freely among the students, they argued with the men over philosophical, sociological and artistic matters, they were just as good as the men themselves: only better, since they were women."
02/21 page 5