Rhonda's Reviews > Breaking Point

Breaking Point by Pamela Clare

Oct 10, 2010

Read from May 03 to 08, 2011

Pamela Clare’s stories are like the most decadent piece chocolate. I savored each word of every page thoroughly. Ms. Clare is a gifted wielder of words, spinning a story with suspense, intrigue, sexy heroes, strong heroines, and emotion I feel in my heart as well as my tear ducts. Ms. Clare has provided me with many hours of reading pleasure, novels that I could continue to read long after the last page. This story is no different, it is exactly the kind of novel I have come to expect from her. Thank you Pamela for introducing me to the world of romantic suspense novels, you have set the bar high.

This story starts with a bang, and drops us right in the middle of Ciudad Juarez where drug, and human trafficking cartels are prevalent and rule the streets. Natalie Benoit is there for a convention and tour, when the tour bus is taken over by Zetas, one of the drug cartels, and Natalie is captured and imprisoned, with the promise of sexual slavery and death looming. She is thrown into a dark, dirty arachnid infested cell, and quickly discovers that she has a neighbor, Zach Black (McBride) who is a highly decorated war hero, turned US Marshal. Zach has already been there days ahead of her, and has suffered extreme torture at the hands of the Zetas. With her impending future of rape and death, and Zach’s certain torturous death to come, they must find a way to escape.

After escaping from their prison, and on the run from the Zetas, Zach has promised to get Natalie safely home to US soil. Not able to trust the government officials in Mexico because the Zetas have many of them on their payroll, Zach and Natalie set out on an incredible journey of survival. Along the way, they find that they have more in common than circumstances that have brought them together.

Natalie is such a strong character, mentally and physically, but her heart has been through some trauma that has left her alone for the past 6 years. And Zach *sigh* is a war hero, who doesn’t feel heroic at all, due to events in Afghanistan in which he blames himself. He has no concept of the hero he truly is. Can Natalie make him see the man he really is? Can Zach help Natalie overcome her past?

I don’t want to give up too much of the story, one of the best things was unraveling this page by page. It was fast paced, perfectly written, the characters were excellent, swoon worthy, both Natalie and Zach were heroic. And I loved that the previous characters; Gabe, Julian, and Marc were all in this book, not just a brief appearance.

This book is Romantic Suspense perfection!!

**Favorite Quote:

He held up the AK-47, the muscles in his arm bunching against the weight. “This is an assault rifle.” Then held up the handgun. “This is a semi-automatic pistol.”
Then he gave a little thrust of his hips and looked down at his penis. “That is my gun. As you’ve discovered, it’s pumpaction like a shotgun , but it doesn’t fire bullets.” - Playful Zach to Natalie

“When I realized I was going to die, the only thing I could think about was you and what an idiot I’d been for not telling you how I felt about you. I think I’ve loved you from the moment you lifted that awful blindfold off my face. I opened my eyes, and there you were, the bravest, most beautiful woman I’ve ever known. You set me free Natalie. In so many ways, you set me free.” - Zach to Natalie

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Point.

05/03/2011 "FINAlLY!!!! I really want to call in sick today."
05/03/2011
7.0% "*shivers*" 2 comments
05/04/2011
39.0% "I'm officially in love with Zach McBride!!!"
05/07/2011
51.0% "This Mother's Day, All I want is Zach McBride. Somehow I don't think hubby will go for it." 4 comments
05/08/2011
80.0% "Zach is giving Julian a run for his money, in my opinion."
05/08/2011
100.0% "Pamela Clare is AMAZING!!!"
100.0% "Review to come."

♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness fantastic babe!! I cant wait to read it! I have it in my greedy little mitts too, but I have to read the two that come before this one...grr...to much reading not enough time... I will have to live vicariously through your review until then.

Rhonda Thanks SAM!!!!

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Best Review I've read on GR and The Shamless Blog!!! Way to go Rhonda! I loved it!

You rec'd this series to me a year ago and I'm pleased to say "You're the BOMB DIGGITY" I loved every book in the series, but I'm wigging out and have to be honest, This one was my Favorite!!! Whoo Weeee!

Rhonda You finished??

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Yes I Did!! I couldn't put it down at all!! It was so friggin good! I hope this series doesn't end anytime soon.

I added your Awesome review link to my short stumpy review :)

Rhonda Squeeee!! Xoxo

♥  Sam ♥ ~S2~Im made of awesomness Elena R a.k.a Lunies R wrote: "Best Review I've read on GR and The Shamless Blog!!! Way to go Rhonda! I loved it!

what am I, chopped liver?

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Excellent review, Rhonda. I couldn't agree more!!

Rhonda Thanks D!! ;)

Elena R a.k.a. Lunies R Sam!!! I wasn't talking about all reviews I meant this specific one for this specific review. I'll explain later. But when the time comes and you read and review it, I'll you your link to my review for the world to see :)

message 11: by [deleted user] (new)

This review rocked my socks!
Made me quiver in the river!

I know how you love rhymes,
but now I am out of time!

ROFL cause I need a good staffing!

Rhonda deesreads wrote: "This review rocked my socks!
Made me quiver in the river!

I know how you love rhymes,
but now I am out of time!

ROFL cause I need a good staffing!"

Staffing??? LMAO!!!!

Thanks Dee!!

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Great review, Rhonda! Wasn't it worth the wait? ^_^

Rhonda Worth it? Yes
I'm impatient though. Lol!

Lady Jayne *~*The Beach Bandida*~* Rhonda wrote: "Worth it? Yes
I'm impatient though. Lol!"

I understand. ^_^