Greta is Erikasbuddy's Reviews > Scott Pilgrim Vs. the Universe

Scott Pilgrim Vs. the Universe by Bryan Lee O'Malley

Oct 10, 10

bookshelves: comics
Read in October, 2010

By far this is one of the best!!

The pictures were fab and I freaking LOVE all the pannels with the cat in it!!

- A Review from a mother of a 13 year old boy -

* Not really a ton of crude language in this one. I was shocked that the word Asshat was used. I mean... This was written by a dude... I actaully had to explain to my hubz what an asshat was, a couple of months ago. He then told me that dudes don't say that word. Maybe he just didn't get the memo.

* There are 3 pannels of shadow nookie but they are just shadows. I mean... curves and black.... not really anything to get worried about.

- A review from an American Idiot -

What are up with Canadians and number shirts? Like, someone will be wearing a shirt and there will be a 3 on it. This has been noticable throughout the whole shirt. Do Canadians have a thing for numbers on their clothes or again... is that just the author messing with me? LOLZ. I only ask because the drummer of Our Lady Peace during the "Happiness is not a fish you can catch" tour used to wear shirts with the number 7 them.

Just curious

(fun Greta Fact: She lives in Alabama and has seen OLP at least 5 times. She's lost count over the years. She first saw them in 1995 when they opened up for Van Halen)

I really really loved this book!! It wasn't exactly like the movie but that's ok. We got more info ;) Can't wait to read the next one! Oh! BUt then it will all be over ;) I wonder what the author is going to do next? Hopefully he'll come up with a character that owns SEVERAL cats ;) That would be most awesome!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scott Pilgrim Vs. the Universe.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by AH (new)

AH Hmmm number shirts - Are they hockey jerseys? Canadians wear a lot of those.

Greta is Erikasbuddy No, they're t-shirts -- I show you --

At 36 seconds look at the drummer

That's what the shirts look like :)

message 3: by AH (new)

AH That one flew by fast. Lucky 7? not sure.

Greta is Erikasbuddy I dunno why he wears it. (I thought it was a canadian thing lolz) He even wore like a bedazzled one in another video. He doesn't always wear them but during that tour he did.

message 5: by AH (new)

AH Does he have kids? maybe it's his kid's age.

Greta is Erikasbuddy OH, i dunno!? Could be!