Marisa's Reviews > Styx's Storm

Styx's Storm by Lora Leigh

Oct 10, 2010

liked it
bookshelves: parnormal-romance

I love me some 'breeds' and I've been reading this series since it debut at Ellora's cave. This book was a hard one for me. I had a hard time liking the heroine. However, I think that was the whole point of the book and Ms. Leigh does the whole 'living with enemy' really well. She also advanced the larger series arc with this book - so for that, well done. The thing I had the hardest time with was the whole 'push/pull', 'will they or wont' they, the endless one note of not understanding each other between the hero and the heroine. While the chasm in the difference of beliefs/morals and culture between the hero and heroine is well described and fully realized I think it was over played and the reasons the heroine has for not being able to come to an understanding about the breeds was continually brought up to the point where I thought - OK, enough, I get it. So with all that you'd think I didn't like the book; but that's not the case. I did enjoy the book but I felt it got bogged down in certain places with the characters motivations. Will I read the next book in the series? You bet.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Styx's Storm.

Comments <span class="smallText"> (showing 1-5 of 5) </span> <span class="smallText">(5 new)</span>

KindleRomance Reviews Bummer. That's my least favorite thing about her books. I love her anthologies - if for no other reason than she doesn't do this in them!

Marisa Kris, the previous 3 Breed books didn't have all this will they or won't they angst so I was a bit surprised with this one. But I must admit, I'm still hooked and I'm going to be reading the next one.

KindleRomance Reviews I can't walk away from the series, but I really didn't like Bengal's Heart or Coyote's Mate. The H&H fought way too much IMO. I loved Lion's Heat & was hoping for a repeat of that.

Marisa Ahh, Lion's Heat - I waited so long for Jonas' book - and I too loved it. One of things I'm very happy about is that after a character gets his book - he or she is still part of the larger story arc - as with Jonas. It makes the series more interesting and the larger arc more compelling.

KindleRomance Reviews I'm not good at remembering people. I almost wish there was a site that gave you a cliff's note version of the entire story and kept track of the characters. I'm almost better off reading a series after it's completed. I'd like to blame my age, but it's been an issue for a very, very, very long time:-)