Jenny's Reviews > Kiss in the Dark

Kiss in the Dark by Lauren Henderson

Jan 20, 11

I am a huge fan of this series and have devoured each of the three books faster than I probably have read any other series (with the exception of the Maze Runner & Hunger Games series).

Scarlett Wakefield's voice is such a refreshing blast of cool-headedness with just enough angst to make things interesting. She is strong with a vulnerability that she shares with the reader in such quirky ways that she is completely endearing.

I enjoy Ms. Henderson's timing with every nuance of the book. She knows exactly when to reveal little tidbits of the plot and information into the backgrounds and characters of each person in the book. I especially enjoy the way in which she slowly has unfurled just how wealthy and important Scarlett truly is throughout the books without giving Scarlett an unnecessarily large head. She's no Plum at all!

I think this book, more than the first two, had me cheering and laughing out loud as Scarlett took on her nemesis. I especially loved the "Pillow or Scissors" encounter! Hurry, Ms. Henderson, and give us a fourth book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Kiss in the Dark.