Lloyd's Reviews > Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter

M_50x66
Oct 20, 10

bookshelves: 2010s, just-for-fun-book-group-reads, kindle-editions, vampires
Read from October 10 to 20, 2010

Cracked into this one as a read for my beloved book group, happy that I'd get to read something spooky and also that I'd get to read one of these creature-feature/classic literature mash-ups that I'd been seeing everywhere.

Seth Grahame-Smith takes us on a journey through the legendary Lincoln's life in this one, mingling in the character device that's taken pop culture by storm: vampires...

Though I must complain that, at times, this read like a stiff history text for me (or maybe I just don't know enough about the period of Lincoln's life to relate), Grahame-Smith more than makes up for it with his eerily amazing fictional explanations of historical events, the heartfelt anguish that he portrays in Lincoln's character, and a very solidly-written, entertaining plot.

I'd probably recommend this one to Civil War/Lincoln buffs or anyone who enjoys a good bloodsucker tale (which seems to be everyone these days). :)

*-This was the Just For Fun Book Group selection for October 2010, nominated by Jeff.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Abraham Lincoln.