Kathleen Kelly's Reviews > The Miracle of Mercy Land: A Novel

The Miracle of Mercy Land by River Jordan

Oct 25, 10

bookshelves: finished
Read from October 10 to 12, 2010

This book is a spiritual thriller with a bit of supernatural thrown into the mix. The story takes place in a small town in Alabama in the 1930's. About a book that is found by the owner of a newspaper, that has the ability to change the people in the book and their destinies. A young woman who is a reporter and general girl Friday to the owner/editor, Mercy is one of the main characters. She loves working at the newspaper and especially working with her boss, Doc. She finds out about the book and has the chance to look at it and between her and Doc, they spend a lot of time reading this book. Someone from Mercy's past comes to town and is also interested in this book. This novel is about the choices that we make in life and the relationships that make our lives what they are and what path our lives take. I read this book in almost one sitting, it was mezmerizing without being overly religious. A very enjoyable read.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Miracle of Mercy Land.

10/10/2010 page 100