Greta is Erikasbuddy's Reviews > Scott Pilgrim & the Infinite Sadness

Scott Pilgrim & the Infinite Sadness by Bryan Lee O'Malley

Oct 10, 2010

bookshelves: comics
Read in October, 2010

LOLZ!! Ok... checks it!! This isn't written by the author but he has a special sectiop in the back of this issue where his friends contributed scenes... and this REALLY helped me understand Canadians.

Ramona (American) - How come Canada has the queen on its money
Scott (Canadian) - Shh! Do you think it's easy being Britain's plaything?

Ramona: Plaything?

Scott: We do what that old lady wants. She says "jump" and we say "how high" and "should we smile wider?"
Ramona: This is so much crap, Scott

Scott: Remember when Prince Charles married Camilla?
Ramona: Vaguely

Scott: Every person under 18 had to dress as a horse and go on "Parade". All the tv channels broadcast a live feed of the queen, drunk and laughing
Ramona: Was this a dream you had when you were ill?

The End

LOLZ!! see!! Look at all the cool things I'm learning.

Well, my kiddies... Let's get this part over with first-

- A Review from the Mother of a 13 year old Boy -

In Scott Pilgrim and the Infinite Sadness we see a couple of racey scenes. - There is a bra being unhooked from the back, so there is bare back showing, You see Scott ontop of Ramona with a blanket over them, Kim and Scott with a blanket over them in a car, Scott and Envy with a blanket over them.... needless to say... my son probably thinks that all people in their 20s do is boink. LOLZ.... I never had that experience but this is fiction ;) Oh yeah, and you get to see Scott's nipples and a close up of the evil ex's zipper (but no crotch bulge)

The language in this one is a bit fouler.
The words:
A**hole
Di*kwad
Douc*ebag
Bi*ch

are present. (I used cryptic stars to cover up letters. I know it might be hard to decode)

That really doesn't bother me at all as long as the kid reading this book is 13 and up. I mean Snikeys! How many times is the F Bomb dropped in Ya, nowadays? And, all those words can be said on Comedy Central... so, still... pretty tame.

- A Review from a person who is anti-thick Glasses -

Have you noticed the new trend in the world? Thich glasses!! Like 1950s Army Thick! Like Henry Rollin in the 90s thick. Why is this the new trend? I'll tell you why! Ok... I'll tell you my theory on why I think it's hip. People who wear these thick glasses... you know... those people back in high school who were like "I can't wear glasses because they'll hide my pretty face" are now rockin these glasses because I think it makes them think that they are smarter than the rest of us... And people are like listenig and hanging on to everything they say because somehow their glasses are hypnotizing these people into believing that the wearer is cool and hip and smart.

Why am I bringing this up?

Because the evil Ex in this story is a VEGAN!! And it appears that the author and I are of the same opinion when it comes to vegans (so that means he probably shares the same belief as me with my anti-thick glasses campaign).

In the book, Todd - the evil ex-boyfriend, thinks that he is better than everyone, has magical powers, has floofy sexy hair, thinks that he is a rock star, and believes he is better than anyone out there because he is a hardcore vegan. That's right (and if you've ever met one.... you know.... I kinda think they think that too lolz) Todd, even went to a special Vegan school where he was trained in the fine arts of vegan magical powers.

What am I getting at? Really nothing... I just thought it was really funny how the author portrayed vegans lolz!!

- A review from a Smashing Pumpkins Fan -

OMG!! So, guess what? I seriously think this author dude is a bit of a fan (mondo fan) of the Smashing Pumpkins.

For one - the books is called "Scott Pilgrim and the Infinite Sadness" - now, The Pumpkins have a cd called "Melacholy and the Infinite Sadness" and in the "Bullet with Butterfly Wings" video Billy Corgan introduces the world to his Zero shirt (which I own and also my senior quote was a lyric from that song) and in this book !! -- Scott is WEARING the ZERO shirt!! (it is also in the movie) Therefore... I believe that this book is a tribute to Bily Corgan's bald baby head. Praise Billy!!

- A Review from an original NES owner -

There is a video game theme in these books. Scott defeats the evil boyfriends, picks up coins, earns bonus swag... it's really fun!!

- A review from an American Idiot -

Do Canadians call their bacon Canadian bacon or just bacon? Do they call American bacon - American bacon? Or perhaps "Man! this bacon is way better than ham!"?

What is a chode? Is that a Canadian word? Am I just unhip? :P

All in all.. this book was kinda slow but it made me laugh :) And that thing about vegans and their super-powers is hilarious!! Loves it!
4 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Scott Pilgrim & the Infinite Sadness.

message 1: by AH (new)

AH I think Canadian bacon is back bacon.

You'll have to come to Canada, now that you understand everything.

And speaking of the queen, did you know that the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corp) is (or has) televised a 3D event - A speech from the Queen. We were all supposed to pick up our 3D glasses from the local post office. Doesn't that make Canada sound like a high tech banana republic?

Greta is Erikasbuddy Viva la Canada!!

Someday, I'll get there ;) But I'll need a passport and those things are a bit pricey (cuz they aren't free lolz)

WOAH!! A message from the queen in 3d? I bet if the president did that I'd be more interested in politics ;)

message 3: by AH (new)

AH A big waste of money. All she does is wave and say ahem, ahem....

Greta is Erikasbuddy She was just trying to get down with the kids... In 3D!! Her next speach will be in smell-o-vision ;)

message 5: by AH (new)

AH LOL!

Nozomi A "chode." You should use UrbanDictionary.com for that one.

message 7: by Laurie Metzger (new)

Laurie Metzger My son's. All of the books in this series are his.