Lara's Reviews > Bossypants

Bossypants by Tina Fey

Mar 24, 2012

liked it
bookshelves: read-in-2012, audiobooks, biography-autobiography-memoir, non-fiction
Read from March 19 to 23, 2012 , read count: 1

Hmmm...I didn't end up liking this one anywhere near as much as I thought I would. There were definitely sections that I loved--the chapters about Saturday Night Live and 30 Rock, and the one where she responds to comments about her that were left on various websites. And I loved the story towards the end about the overly dramatic Greek kid her mom was babysitting that one time. But there were many more sections that I just didn't find interesting at all, or that actually made me feel uncomfortable, and it felt like...like maybe she was just trying too hard to be funny AT ALL TIMES. I get it, she's a comedian. But people that are NEVER SERIOUS are really hard for me to handle in real life, and that's what this book ended up feeling like to me. I found myself wishing there would be just one sentence without a joke in it! It actually kind of made me feel worn out by the end, and I struggled a little to finish it. I don't know, maybe it just wasn't what I was expecting, but the majority of it ended up feeling like filler to me, and I'd only rate it two stars if not for the few chapters that I thought were really great. Overall though? Meh.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bossypants.