Nellee's Reviews > City of Ashes

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

May 07, 11

bookshelves: favorites
Read from April 07 to May 07, 2011

Review from my blog: http://nelleehorne.blogspot.com/

It was a little more boring compared to the first book. It was still very good, however. There were lot more surprises than the last book had and those surprises seemed to change the dynamic of everything.

Cons: Clary didn't change. She was still mean. She's really mean to Isabelle because she is jealous of her, she evens says so. "'Let him die, you mean.' Clary jerked her arm out of Isabelle's grip. 'Of course that's what you think. You think everyone who isn't just like you is better off dead anyway.'" That is one example among many others. So many times did I want to tell her off! Someone offered her a tissue on a train when she was crying and she yelled at him, "What do you think you're looking at, jerk?!"

Also, with my experience with editing, I'm seeing more mistakes than I used to. Every book has a few mistakes, I know, but I noticed sentences that could've been worded better and sentences that didn't need to be in there at all. It just goes to show that even a professional editor misses a lot of things and that even the best selling books aren't written as well as they could be.

4 Stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Ashes.

Quotes Nellee Liked

Cassandra Clare
“I don't want to be a man," said Jace. "I want to be an angst-ridden teenager who can't confront his own inner demons and takes it out verbally on other people instead."
"Well," said Luke, "you're doing a fantastic job.”

Cassandra Clare
“We came to see Jace. Is he alright?"
"I don't know," Magnus said. "Does he normally just lie on the floor like that without moving?”

Cassandra Clare
“Well, I’m not kissing the mundane," said Jace. "I’d rather stay down here and rot."
"Forever?" said Simon. "Forever’s an awfully long time."
Jace raised his eyebrows. "I knew it," he said. "You want to kiss me, don’t you?”

Cassandra Clare
“You could have fooled me. Everytime I called you, Luke said you were sick. I figured you were avoiding me. Again."
"I wasn't. I did want to talk to you. I've been thinking about you all the time."
"I've been thinking about you, too."
"I really was sick. I swear. I almost died back there on the ship, you know."
"I know. Everytime you almost die, I almost die myself.”