Patricia's Reviews > Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters & Seymour: An Introduction

Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters & Seymour by J.D. Salinger

Oct 10, 10

bookshelves: read-in-2010, book-group-selection
Read in October, 2010

This is the October Library Book Group selection and a J.D. Salinger creation I have not read. Reading the first story I was delighted to remember how much I love J. D. Salinger. Something about his prose leaves me just on the edge of a delighted hoot. Seymour, an Introduction, I did not love. I felt it was in need of a firm editor, and I ended up skimming most of it. Before Salinger's death, I would imagine, now and then, that when he died we would get to read all the things I assumed he had been writing for forty years. There was talk that he was continuing the story of the Glass family. I imagined that, posthumously, we reading public would see thick novels published, that were as much fun to read as the Catcher in the Rye. Reading Seymour, an Introduction, I think that perhaps if there are more novels, they probably will lean in the Seymour direction, rather than the Catcher one.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raise High the Roof Beam, Carpenters & Seymour.