Michele's Reviews > Dark Road to Darjeeling

Dark Road to Darjeeling by Deanna Raybourn

Oct 09, 10

bookshelves: fiction, historical-fiction, mystery
Read in October, 2010

The third of the Lady Julia Grey novels, Raybourn hasn't lost her edge. These are amongst my very favorite mystery novels. Dark Road to Darjeeling, though, is the novel that Lady Julia stars with her now husband, Brisbane. This time, they are in India solving a family mystery at the end of their honeymoon.

Julia's quirky family still makes an appearance, thank goodness, and the chemistry between Julia and Brisbane hasn't abated just because they've gotten married.

Highly, highly recommended, even if you don't normally care for historical fiction mysteries....these are worth your time!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Road to Darjeeling.

message 1: by Misfit (last edited Oct 09, 2010 07:20PM) (new)

Misfit Catching up on reading? You are missing a whooooooooooooooooooole lot of rain here.

Michele Holy cow....I had to fly from NY to San Fransisco then connect on a flight to Seattle last night. Yea, guess you could say I got a lot of reading done, lol. Landed at 3 am in this crud and I don't think it's let up since. We're drowning. I might have to take a boat to work tomorrow, ha.

message 3: by Acacia (new)

Acacia this cover is American Bride meets Twilight.

Michele Of my gosh, you're right! It's been bugging me to no end that I couldn't place the familiarity!

Marg As soon as I saw this cover I thought Twilight! And then fervently hoped that this style doesn't spread through HF like it has in other genres!

Michele Ewwww. Now that I look at the cover again, I am NOT liking it now that the Twilight connection has been made. I vastly prefer the previous Lady Julia covers.

Marg If this was I had seen this cover without seeing the Twilight connection I would have loved it. But....

At least it wasn't black and white and red. As for the previous covers, they couldn't seem to decide what they wanted to go with. We did a HT post not too long ago on the covers and they range from cartoons to gothicy (my favourites) to romance, and now this one.

message 8: by Misfit (new)

Misfit These deja vu book covers are something. I don't think anyone has been photo shopped around more than this dress.

The King's Daughter by Christie Dickason The Tudor Wife by Brandy Purdy The Virgin's Daughters In the Court of Elizabeth I by Jeane Westin

I think it's been spotted on a few other covers but memory escapes me.

Michele At least they change the color of the dress, lol. I've seen a few where absolutely nothing has changed but the title and author....I think that's cheap.

Marg - I liked the gothic Lady Julia covers best, as well. They fit the story more.