Miles's Reviews > Judgement and Wrath

Judgement and Wrath by Matt Hilton

Oct 17, 10

bookshelves: reviews
Read from October 10 to 13, 2010

Judgement & Wrath is the second book in Matt Hilton’s Joe Hunter series and my third review of the action series. Having reviewed Cut and Run (Joe Hunter #4) and Dead Men’s Dust (Joe Hunter #1) I set about reading Hilton’s second captivating instalment.

Once again the narrative is written from a first person point of view (Joe Hunter) and third person narrative (Dantalion the hitman); this is without doubt Matt Hilton’s trade mark along with the non-stop action that lies within.

I didn’t find the plot as strong as Cut and Run or Dead Men’s Dust but it more than makes up for this shortfall with the high body count – I do mean high! – And a character hell bent on protecting a young girl from the evil clutches of her abusive boyfriend; whatever the cost.

The story begins when Joe Hunter meets with a worried father (Richard Dean) in a bar no self-respecting citizen would be seen dead in. His daughter is in an abusive relationship and he wants her home, far away from Bradley Jorgenson’s persuasive influence. Money is exchanged and Dean’s parting words remain clear to Hunter

“Please, Mr Hunter, I need you to get my daughter away from that monster. If it means killing him do that ….I’ll pay you any price”

Richard Dean slides over evocative images of his daughter including a mug shot taken as evidence of her battered profile. As Hunter peruses the photographs he is clear what has to be done.

Full Review on my blog :- http://www.milorambles.com/2010/10/13...
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Judgement and Wrath.

10/10/2010 page 23