Jamie Neith's Reviews > Animals in Translation: Using the Mysteries of Autism to Decode Animal Behavior

Animals in Translation by Temple Grandin

Oct 09, 10

A few years ago I bought this book without any knowledge of Temple Grandin, simply because I thought the back cover sounded interesting. I picked it up a few times but sort of only skimmed it until recently. I love the way she writes, very matter of fact and simplistic, like she is explaining very in depth topics so that a child can understand. I work in the field of Autism but I do not know very much about animal behavior so I was interested to see how she connected the two. This is a brilliant book that gives insight into the commonalities among those with Autism and Animals. There is a widely speculated connection within the field but one that seems almost taboo to explore...this book does so with sensitivity and a real sense of authority considering the fact that Grandin herself has Autism. That is not to say that the majority of the book is even focused on that topic - as it delves deeper into the behavior of animals...a topic which is unendingly interesting to me. I love it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Animals in Translation.