bijal's Reviews > Devil Bones

Devil Bones by Kathy Reichs
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
1945165
's review
Oct 11, 10

bookshelves: audiobook
Read from October 09 to 10, 2010

Listening to this from Austin-Shreveport-Austin, 10/8-10/10

10/8:
- characters named Cuervo & Tequila just make me want a margarita.
- I am probably not paying as much attention as I should because I have no idea how many dead bodies we are dealing with
- I am not a fan of whoever is reading this book. 80% of that is probably because she is not Emily Deschanel, but the other 20% is because she is annoying. Especially when she voices Brennan's daughter and some of the male characters and speaks in French.
- Thanks for the lesson in syncretic religions?

10/10:
- I still don't like the reader. I understand that she is supposed to sound like a smug, know-it-all, and tell me about the science, but...9 hours of smug know-it-all is a lot of smug know-it-all. Maybe it doesn't come across as annoying on paper?
- I must have tuned out more than I thought I did, because I know I missed significant chunks of development and information. But that is more a result of me being restless and daydreaming while driving than the book. All audio books suffer from my restlessness and wanderlust.
-The musical montage-esque internal monologue at the end was a little much, even for me.

likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Devil Bones.
sign in »

Comments (showing 1-1 of 1) (1 new)

dateDown_arrow    newest »

✿ Deni She's actually called Takeela ;o) but I guess it sounds pretty much as Tequila in the audio version! :o)


back to top