Melissa's Reviews > Blood Feud

Blood Feud by Alyxandra Harvey

Mar 27, 11

bookshelves: books-from-library
Read from March 25 to 27, 2011

I would recommend that you catch up with the events that happened in book 1, My Love Lies Bleeding, before reading this book, because Blood Feud starts immediately after book 1. If you don't, you might find yourself like me, desperately trying to remember all that happened previously, just so you know what's going on. Also, if you've not read book 1, please don't read this review any further as it would be spoilery for you.

Blood Feud follows the events of My Love Lies Bleeding where former vampire queen Lady Natasha is killed, making her "killer", Helena Drake, the new queen. This, in turn, makes the entire Drake family royalty but while book 1 focuses on the story of Solange, Nicholas and Lucy, this installment is all about Logan and Isabeau. The rest of the Drake family and Lucy are more of supporting characters in this novel but it does provide cute little details to Nicholas and Lucy's progressing relationship.

Blood Feud is an easy read, with the plot centering on a disruption to the new queen's coronation. The story is told in Logan and Isabeau's POVs, though not in alternating chapters. There are frequent flashbacks to Isabeau's human life, back in France during the Revolution. Those chapters do shed more light to Isabeau's character but don't count on it being a huge lesson in the French Revolution.

Logan is also another character I found interesting in that, while he's a teenager very rooted in modern times, he's one who dresses like it's the eighteen century and reads the Romantics poets. The novel doesn't dwell very much into the characters' back stories which is a pity. The relationship between Logan and Isabeau is a little baffling to me, because I can't seem to understand how two people can just meet and feel some sort of connection immediately and then, fall in love straightaway.

There is plenty of action so it does keep things from being dull and the ending does leave room for a sequel. While this might not been the most interesting vampire series out there, it's certainly a series that I don't mind keeping pace with. 2.5 stars out of 5.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Feud.

03/26/2011 page 62