Janina's Reviews > Just the Sexiest Man Alive

Just the Sexiest Man Alive by Julie James

Really, this was so much fun to read, but the ending?! Argh! Julie James, how could you? It totally ruined the story for me ...

Four stars for the first two thirds, but the last one pulls it down to more like 2.5 stars.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Just the Sexiest Man Alive.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

oliviasbooks I'll finish it this weekend. Wanna swap?

oliviasbooks Well. It'll be an Easter present. It hasn't been expensive anyway and it's starting to crease. I hope you'll enjoy it more than I did.

Janina Duh. Sorry, I have not been getting any notifications for this. Another present?! Olivia, I am starting to feel bad about this ;). But thank you a lot!! But I could also just owe you a book?

I'm sorry you didn't like it, I really hope I will. I am positive as I liked 'Something About You' ...

oliviasbooks Don't feel bad, Janina. I used a 2,00 EUR BOL-voucher and had to pay only a few Euros. and the shipping is only a little more than a postcard. If you look at my swapping shelf you see that the unwanted books are clogging my living-room. No one buys them anyway. This book is impatient to get on the road, belive me.

Janina Yes, I know what you mean about unwanted books clogging the shelves. I have so much stuff I would give away, but either nobody wants it (and it's not really worth selling), or I don't want to put it online at MBDB because I hardly find books there.
So thank you a lot, maybe I'll have a book for you some time :)!

Nomes I liked reading this one ~ but didnt take the ending seriously, haha.

my fave of hers is Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James and then Something About You by Julie James

i didn't really like her latest one (A LOT LIKE LOVE)

message 7: by Janina (last edited Apr 20, 2011 10:39AM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Janina I'll definitely give 'Practice makes Perfect' a try then :) - but probably skip the other one ...

oliviasbooks For me the author is off my radar now. I am stubborn with that kind of thing.

Nomes ahh, olivia. remind me to never get on your bad side, LOL ;)

you make me proud. so stoic :D

there are things about her novels that are kind of lame ~ but i do honestly have a mostly fun time reading her :D

Janina LOL. Well, her novels truly are a little ... clichéd sometimes. And someone who knows a lot about law and how things work at court can probably find a lot of faults in those scenes ... but I don't know anything about it, and I don't particularly care ;).

oliviasbooks I know that feeling from reading other novels, Janina.

Arlene I'm loving this one so far. Now after seeing your review, I'm worried about the last part of the book. :/

Nomes LOL Arlene ~ the weird thing is: i can't quite remember the last part that has bothered everyone (?) and i already gave my copy away ...

glad you are loving it :D

Janina Hehe Nomes ;). Arlene, don't worry too much, it was just that I personally was disappoited with the decisions one of the characters made ... looking forward to hearing how you think about it. Maybe we can discuss the ending once you're finished ...?

Arlene I just finished it last night.

(view spoiler)

Janina Glad you enjoyed it, Arlene!

(view spoiler)

But well, nothing lost, I'm still going to check out James' other books ;).

Nomes I agree she is way better at antagonist banter than the lovey-dovey stuff :) ~ that could also be b/c i enjoy antagonistic plots more than romantic ones ;)

i think the final choice didn't bother me too much b/c i never really took the book seriously (?)

my fave of hers is Practice Makes Perfect by Julie James