Jenni's Reviews > A Promise for Tomorrow

A Promise for Tomorrow by Judith Pella

Oct 08, 2010

Read from October 08 to 11, 2010 — I own a copy

I had read the first two books of this series earlier in the summer. However, when I came to this one, I kept starting it and putting it down. I needed a break from the trains, and the characters that I was so frustrated/angry with in the first two books.

This books starts a little slow, but the story actually isn't much of a continuation. Once part 1 is over, we see new characters, new plot twists, and an over-all better theme. This book focuses mostly on the relationships we have with our families and with God. We see the shift in Carolina as the daughter to the mother. We see how she feels and acts with her daughter as her own mother did to her.

My only disappointment is that the book doesn't seem to tie up any of the lose ends that came up in this book. It finishes the plots from the previous two, but we don't know the resolution with her daughter or the town. Perhaps I missed it, but I didn't think there was another book in this series? Perhaps a 4th book will be added.

However, I did enjoy this series. I would recommend it to anybody who enjoys Christian fiction, historical fiction, or romance.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Promise for Tomorrow.