Elizabeth's Reviews > City of Bones

Jul 01, 13

bookshelves: paranormal
Read from October 28 to 30, 2011

Originally posted here CLICK HERE

I really hesitated on reading the others after reading this one. It was entertaining, don’t get me wrong, but Clary annoyed the HECK out of me. I know she’s all about saving her BFF Simon and all, but HOLY WOW can you stop a moment and think before rushing into a hotel of vampires?! Yeah. On the positive side, I really loved Jace’s sense of humor and I’ve just always loved Simon. They’re some amazing guys. And the plot twist? Maybe because I saw reviews before I read this series, but I didn’t find it to be believable. I really didn’t think I’d ever read this series, EVER. But yeah, when it came down to that plot twist, I wasn’t too convinced.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read City of Bones.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

◕ ◡ ◕  Arooj EEEEK can't wait to see what you think!

Sarah Read City of Ashes + City of Glass, they are way better than City of Bones! :)

Elizabeth Sarah wrote: "Read City of Ashes + City of Glass, they are way better than City of Bones! :)"

I have :]

Nicole I 100% agree with this. Clary is annoying and I love Simon. glad someone else thinks the same way because everyone else thinks this series is flawless and I beg to differ. :)

Angie I'm debating re-reading the series for the movies...I go through City of Glass and I felt like it all continued to go downhill. I have books 1-4 and just the plot and the love story craziness just makes it a huge struggle for me.