MelissaB's Reviews > Ascension

Oct 08, 2010

it was ok
bookshelves: paranormal-romance, 2011-reads
Read from June 25 to 26, 2011

This book did not work for me. I didn't like the world at all and I didn't like the writing style. I didn't mind the main characters but I wasn't impressed with the romance. The world wasn't explained enough, the "rules" didn't make sense. There was so much discussion of committees and laws instead of just having action. The law part made no sense, who was in charge? Why would a bad guy listen to rules? How freaking boring. The author also did a very pale imitation of Ward's BDB, it did not come off well.

So I guess in short - I didn't like it and forced myself to finish.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ascension.

06/25/2011 page 173
36.0% "Okay, not awesome. Too much talking, not enough showing of action. The world is confusing and not clearly drawn. Jury is still out on this one." 3 comments

MelissaB Oh yeah, though I am not going to be continuing this series.

message 2: by Bianca (new) - added it

Bianca I'm so glad I waited on getting this one! I might just skip it!

MelissaB Other people liked it better. I am very picky about paranormals.

message 4: by Bianca (new) - added it

Bianca I don't like it at all when the "world" that the author builds is too confusing or too complicated that I can't figure it out!

message 5: by MelissaB (last edited Jun 26, 2011 04:40PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

MelissaB I don't mind well written complex worlds like Mercy Thompson, Kate Daniels, Psy/Changling and Guild Hunters. This was just not written well and it doesn't make sense.

MelissaB I only like about 2 Midnight Breeds books, I am not a huge fan of the series but I am excited for Hunter's book!

Vashti Same here with me, did not really care much for this book as hard as I tried to finish it,was a struggle