Cissa's Reviews > Autumn

Autumn by David Moody

Oct 08, 10

Read in October, 2010

This was somewhat of a page-turner, but the writing was (to my mind) rather flat, and I do not see that Moody added any interesting new spins to the usual Zombie Menace tropes. Apart from the ever-increasing menace from the zombies, the plot did not seem to have anything to say, and the characters had inklings of individuality but were ultimately flat.

Also- and understand that I come from more of a science fiction perspective here- I do not think a virus can kill within seconds of infection; it takes time for the virus to colonize the cells and reproduce more of itself. Likewise, if the zombies were rotting, the process of rotting itself would prevent their mobility after a while; if there is no connective tissue holding the bones together, the bones can't move. As a horror convention, ignoring this might work... but I'd really love to read a zombie novel that was at least somewhat plausible with the science!

However, I did find it a page-turner, and ended up reading it in a day! It helps that I got it in October, which is my month for reading horror. Nonetheless, I don't know if I'd recommend it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Autumn.