Mckinley's Reviews > The Mummy

The Mummy by Anne Rice

Oct 08, 10

bookshelves: favorite, horror-suspense, must-read, novel
Read in January, 1991

Ramses is soooo hot! My favorite of her books.

I have been a sucker for Anne Rice novels since I read Interview with a Vampire oh so many years ago. Sure I've enjoyed some of them more than others. And after awhile they get to seem a lot alike. So maybe it's not so very surprising that my favorite of her stories in NOT one of the vampire tales but the Mummy. First off Ramses is so appealingly discribed. (I had to search for a cover without a picture of him on it. The first book cover which turned up in my search had one which totally spolt him for me. Rice's description let my imagination go to town.) And the story is so fun.

Her books are playful, trashy reads of horror and romance blended into overly dramatic love and hate, revenge and sympathy of gorgeous humans and non-humans or at least no longer humans in the "normal" sense. These living, breathing, eternal beings are perhaps all the more human in their emotions and drives and passions.

If you want a break from your classroom or professional reading try her out. Wth Anne Rice you can't get much further from academic reading! And we have several of her novels.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mummy.