Abbey's Reviews > Zombies Vs. Unicorns

Zombies Vs. Unicorns by Holly Black

Oct 14, 10

bookshelves: favorites
Read in October, 2010

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zombies Vs. Unicorns.

Quotes Abbey Liked

Justine Larbalestier
“The job of every generation is to discover the flaws of the one that came before it. That's part of growing up, figuring out all the ways your parents and their friends are broken.”
Justine Larbalestier, Zombies Vs. Unicorns

Naomi Novik
“Would you believe it's harder to find a virgin than a unicorn in New York?”
Naomi Novik, Zombies Vs. Unicorns

Holly Black
“Holly: Seriously, you don't like unicorns? What kind person doesn't like unicorns?

Justine: What kind of a person doesn't like zombies? What have zombies ever done to you?

Holly: Zombies shamble. I disapprove of shambling. And they have bits that fall off. You never see a unicorn behaving that way.

Justine: I shamble. Bits fall off me all the time: hair, skin cells. Are you saying you disapprove of me?”
Holly Black, Zombies Vs. Unicorns

Alaya Dawn Johnson
“Then you remember that Jack--that's his name, the mac & cheese--plays lacrosse. That's probably where he got all those yummy muscles. You need two hands for lacrosse.
A pinky? Damn, you might as well starve yourself.”
Alaya Dawn Johnson, Zombies Vs. Unicorns

Cassandra Clare
“If you love someone, you're not supposed to want them to come back. Better a peaceful sleep in the earth than the life of a zombie--not really dead but not really alive, either.”
Cassandra Clare, Zombies Vs. Unicorns