Leontine's Reviews > Awakened by a Kiss

Awakened by a Kiss by Lila DiPasqua

Nov 19, 10

bookshelves: erotic-romance, historical-romance
Read from November 02 to 19, 2010

Sleeping Beau: Five years ago, the notorious rake, Adrien d’Aspe, Marquis de Beaulain, was awakened by a sensuous kiss—and experienced a night of raw ecstasy that was branded into his memory. Years later, he spots his mysterious seductress—and this time, he has no intention of letting her go…

With SLEEPING BEAU I got my first taste of Lila DiPasqua and I was instantly enamored. I must admit I’m not an avid reader of soiree settings and nobility but DiPasqua blends a decadent time period of the French sun king with vivid characters, intrigue and spine-melting passion in to such wickedly charming stories.

Adrian is a notorious lover of the fairer sex but as the story develops he surprised me with his depth of character. Catherine is a sensuous and spirited woman, she knows how the world works and yet also has a healthy defiance of it. The unexpected recognition of each other delivers a push-pull of erotic provocation and is a significant aspect within the romantic progress. The cat and mouse game where Adrian pursues Catherine with an ardent fervor of a man wanting to relive that one night filled with sensual rapture. There is also an abundance in enlivened dialogues between the main couple that set a wonderful pace in the story telling and rapidly made me flip the pages.

I was entertained with SLEEPING BEAU, which turned out to be a sexy historic novella and was wondering what more Lila DiPasqua had in store for me.

3 stars

Little Red Writing: Nicolas de Savignac, Comte de Lambelle, has been assigned by the King to uncover the secret identity of the author writing scandalous stories about powerful courtiers. He never expected his investigation would lead to his grandmother's house, or to a ravishing woman who would stir his deepest hunger…

With LITTLE RED WRITING I found out what was in store for me. The longest of the three novella’s and with a theme I loved from the start. Three sister, from whom one writes confronting stories about the debauchery of entitled men. In Sleeping Beau it was revolving a lot around the sexual attraction and though that is plenty present in Little Red Writing I enjoyed it even more with the secrecy plot weaved through it.

Nicolas “le Loup” is potently male, a bit shrewd when a Musketeer needs to be and devilishly charming. Anne de Vignon has crashed and burned once in the romance and has erected walls around her still very romantic heart. She is audacious, intelligent and passionate. Nicolas and Anne are instantaneously attracted to one another and it is known to the reader with hot bouts of sensuous encounters. The back and forth innuendo is glossed over by polite conversations but it is this kind of verbal sparring that makes the attraction sizzle outside of the bedchamber. Add the conflict that lies within discovering the truth, which caused quite some tension in the ending, and the romance took it up a notch for me.

LITTLE RED WRITING is pure naughtiness and turned out to be quite the bed time story!

Bewitching in Boots: Elisabeth de Roussel, daughter of the King, is accustomed to getting what she wants—and she wants Tristan de Tiersonnier, Comte de Saint-Marcel, an ex-commander of the King’s private Guard. A recent injury has forced Tristan to leave his distinguished position, but Elisabeth is determined to make him see he's every bit the man he once was—and more than man enough for her..

Lila DiPasqua saved the best for last with Elisabeth ‘s daring plan to seduce Tristan. I get excited when a woman takes matters in her own hand and in the process aggravates the hero to no end. BEWITCHING IN BOOTS is a story of 85 pages but from the get-go I reveled in the chemistry between the two leading characters. Elisabeth is feisty, smart and has a take-charge attitude which clashes head-on with Tristan’s commanding confidence and blunt attitude. From the moment she appears on his doorstep he practically roars no in her face to every request and she defies him each and every time.

The dance between Elisabeth and Tristan is taunting them both but when the turnaround comes it is hello to the erupting lust. The interplay changes between them in the bed room, there Tristan’s commanding air can teach Elisabeth quite a bit about pleasure and it set the pages on fire. Even with the fast paced storytelling I was engrossed in their character dynamic and the question whether or not Elisabeth would succeed in her plan.

BEWITCHING IN BOOTS is a clash of fiery will power and erotic delight. A story after my own heart!

4 stars

All novella’s in AWAKENED BY A KISS are based on a rich historic backdrop, a dash of fairy tale origin and an intense sexual attraction from which the deeper romantic feelings grow. The emphasis lies on the eroticism rather than an intricate romance making it light-hearted, entertaining and sensual storytelling that steams up the pages. Debut author Lila DiPasqua, created a very unique voice for herself which I enjoyed immensly.

Anthology overall rating; 3.5 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Awakened by a Kiss.

11/02/2010 page 1
0.0% "Starting some sexy fairytales :)"
11/18/2010 page 368
100.0% "Entertaining and hot, I enjoyed these novella's!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Laura (new)

Laura Wright these sound good! my kind of fun reading:-)