♥Xeni♥'s Reviews > The Power

The Power by L.J. Smith

Jun 07, 12

bookshelves: author-l-j-smith, paranormal
Read from June 04 to 06, 2012, read count: 7

Right, so, this one was always the favorite book of this trilogy before. That's one of the sad parts about rereading childhood favorites... those Awesome-Amazing-MindBlown! parts lose their charm, somehow. In this case, I have gotten too educated to be able to fully buy into the ending. That, and I finally realized that Smith really did a crap job on writing this ending. It's always seemed a bit fast paced before, but this time it was really gone in the blink of an eye.

No wonder they changed the whole TV series around to match some other tale. This ending 1. made not much logical sense 2. was over much too fast and 3. was entirely cliche perfect. While those things were easy to absorb when I was a kid, it's not so much the case anymore.

Anyway! Moving on from the disappointment, it was fun to reread this whole series again! It will always be in my past as a growing up/life altering series, since it really did affect me much in those formative years. But now it's time to move on to greener pastures and expand my horizons! (You see, cliche's have stuck with me!)
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Power.