Mckinley's Reviews > Animal Husbandry

Animal Husbandry by Laura Zigman

Jan 23, 14

bookshelves: favorite, humor, must-read, heroine
Read in January, 2003

FUNNY!
There's a good reason to help students find books in the stacks -- I come back with something to read too. How can I resist those rows and rows?

Laura Zigman has written a bunch of novels since this, her first one. I'm not sure if I'd call it chic lit; I think it predates the term? It was written in 1998. It is a good read, fast, easy, and entertaining. If you are in the mood for a break-up-for-no-apparant-reason story all the better. If you not, there's still lots of fun and witty story-telling to enjoy. And for the more academically minded, you might like how the herione of the story develops a theory and details her research and investigation into her unoriginal observation: the tendency of human males to love you and leave you. Even if you disagree (and it's not clear in the end where even she stands regrading her New Cow theory) you'll learn some interesting facts along the way.

Larua Zigman has a website with a brant (her term for blog) if you're interested to know more -- like how much is real and how much she makes up.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Animal Husbandry.