Carolyn F.'s Reviews > Unholy Ghosts

Unholy Ghosts by Stacia Kane

Jan 16, 12

bookshelves: library-book, urban-fantasy, audiobook-and-owned-book, favorites
Read from January 10 to 13, 2012, read count: 2

Reread by audiobook. I also read the library book.

I ended up liking this book a whole lot more but I think that has the most to do with the later books that I read and loved. Now I'm getting all of the reasons behind a lot of the drug use. Also Chess finding small bits of happiness wherever she can find them. I still love Terrible and this book reminds me of that. I'm going to listen to book #2 right after this one.

First read 10/22/10 and this is my review at that time. 3 stars. This is a hard book to review. Chess is a kind of exorcist for ghosts. For some astrological reason, ghosts came back to solid form and started killing. They ended up killing about 2/3 of the people on the planet. And since ghosts came back, this somehow proved that religions were not true and the only "church" (which is more like the government) are the witches who are able to send the ghosts back. Chess is also a drug addict, pretty much hardcore as she needs to constantly take pills or smoke something call Dreamer. I'm not super conservative but this woman is not very likable. She has a connection to Terrible, an enforcer for her drug dealer. At first she says horrible things about how ugly he is and then when they finally kiss, I thought isn't that wonderful that she can look beyond what his face shows but then she goes off with another drug dealer. I'll let you be the judge of whether you think this book is for you.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unholy Ghosts.