Magmaetoll's Reviews > Here on Earth

Here on Earth by Alice Hoffman

Oct 07, 10

Read in October, 2010

The main idea of this story is about a girl who goes back to her home town with her daughter and falls back in love with her childhood sweetheart who's not very sweet. She left her husband and ended everything good in her life for this man. She learns her lesson and leaves before it's too late. That's all. This book took almost halfway to actually get into. Once you do get into it, you read and you read and then the climax comes and there's some sort of closing. It's the way 99% of books are written. Well the ones I have read. This one is part of the one percent. It had it's closing before the climax. Although I enjoyed the bad man getting killed, that was literally on the second to last page and then the book ends. I feel like there was no closing. That's what I get for not judging a book by it's cover. I think that cover looks boring and it turns out the book was to. I have read another book, I just wish my reading skills weren't wasted from something I didn't enjoy and didn't learn anything from. Blah to this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Here on Earth.