Valerie's Reviews > The Fury & The Reunion

F 50x66
Feb 01, 11

bookshelves: vampires, books-i-own
Read from January 25 to February 01, 2011

I would have loved i have given this book four stars but The Reunion seriously lt it down. The fury was fun, fast paced and things seemed to go the way i wanted then too. It was basically the classic teenqge vampire book but then when Elena died things turned horrible. It seemed that the stoyline was struggling to stay interesting. Perhaps The Reunion should have been called The Struggle instead. It terrifies me to have to keep reiterating how Amazing the CW networks version is. Other than trying to make Damon have a soft side which doesnt really work with a predator, the character develoomeny is mucu more exciting. Also, their emphasis on Mystic falls doesnt get as annoying as the constant reference to honoria fell. She and the rest of her clan are annoying.

I wanted to further note the importance of Elena. Protagonists in Vampire novels will always be irritating. But l.J.smith has done a fine job with Elena Gilbert. i just hope that reading midnight is worth it and nightfall. I don't want an overload on Mystic Falls / Fells Church
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fury & The Reunion.

01/25/2011 page 57
14.0% "Its been a while since i read the awakening, so I forgot a bit to what was happening other than elena turning vampire. what a cliffhanger. I promise I won't mention the 'T' word when talking of this incredible series. L.J.smith deserves to much respect for comprisons. the flow of this.book is amazing and i'm glad i have gotten into it as if i never stopped reading. Note: I want to marry Damon."
01/25/2011 page 90
22.0% "I maintain that the books are much better than the ve networks version of it. Also, I'm really interested in finding out whats going on with the mysterious alaric saltzman. Mmmh...i'm fled elena is not annoying me yet. I kind of feel lile stephan is being lazy and won't try to reconcile things with Matt. The poor it just found out his girlfriend (ex-girlfriend) is half dead. Gosh! Me thinks L.J.smith is a genius."
01/25/2011 page 133
32.0% "So Alaric Saltzman is a nice guy...as of chapter 12. We'll just have to wait and see if he keeps up his persona but as of now hes a nice guy. I know she's Elena's friend and everything but i hate Meredith. Her name sounds nasty, shes always giving people weird looks and she's just in general a kill joy. I meqn so what if your granddad was attacked by a vampire. Life goes on...just not for him. =)"
01/25/2011 page 147
36.0% "So Alaric Saltzman is a nice guy...as of chapter 13. We'll just have to wait and see if he keeps up his persona but as of now hes a nice guy. I know she's Elena's friend and everything but i hate Meredith. Her name sounds nasty, shes always giving people weird looks and she's just in general a kill joy. I mean so what if your granddad was attacked by a vampire. Life goes on...just not for him. =)"
01/26/2011 page 160
39.0% "Ok, so when Elena spoke of there being an 'other power' not once did I think it was going to be a bloody tiger. I thought it would have at least been human in the supernatural sense that vampires, demons, warlocks, witches and other supernatural beings at least have the projected form of a human not a TIGER! that's the only thing bugging atm. So yah. :)"
01/26/2011 page 195
48.0% "I don't know if I just wasn't paying attention to the last few pages but Elena has died unbeknownst to me when Bonnie was talking about her second funeral. If she really has died and is never coming back then L.J.Smith...I give the highest form of kudos i have ever given anyone. Good ending to the fury though. =)"
01/27/2011 page 222
54.0% "I'm really starting to believe that Elena is going to stay dead forever. I mean I don't mind if she does...I quite like Bonnie as a narrator. Having watched about a bajillion episodes of Vampire Diaries online, I think the TV show might be better than the novel. The characters are less pretentious and the story line seems more rational. I'm sorry L.J.Smith, I feel like i've betrayed you. =("
01/27/2011 page 239
58.0% "I want Damon and Stephen back. Elena can stay in her tomb. She's hardly the life and aoul of the party now is she. But Damon and Stephen... perhaps i'm having withdrawal symptoms having spent the day watching the Vampire Diaries when i should have been revising for my paychology exam. see what vamps do to. me huh!"
01/27/2011 page 239
58.0% "I miss Damon and Stephen. Elena can stay in her tomb. But i'm starting to get Vampire withdrawal. Maybe its because i have spent re day watching the Vampire Diaries instead of revising for my psychology exam. See what Vampires do to me. I'm paralysed. I'm the one who needs Vervain not the residents of Fells Church / Mystic Falls. <3"
01/29/2011 page 245
60.0% "Well Stephan and Damon are back. Things are looking up in The VD."
01/29/2011 page 259
63.0% "I think I am actually starting to miss Elena. it is probably because I have been watching the series online which sorry L.J.Smith is better than the novel. usually i. am a big advocate for novels over television series'...I want Elena back. She's a bloomin' vampire. she shouldn't be dead. Gosh! at least Damon and Stephen are back. woo! =)"
01/30/2011 page 322
79.0% "Ooh, werewolves. Now we're talking L.J.Smith. very interesting twist on an originally boring start to The Reunion. I have a feeling with his title we are going to see a reprise of Elena Gilbert. That would be cool considering I am starting to miss her dearly. I know I initially said i wouldn't mention the T word but the werewolf in here is called Jacob and we are all familiar with the other wolf with the same name..."
01/31/2011 page 369
90.0% "I watched 'Founder's Day' the last episode in Season 1 of The VD. I can't emphasis enough L.J.Smith how much you've been shafted because the CW version is a-mazing. The Fury was really exciting and it was good seeing the Elena-Damon-Stephen trio. But the Reunion is shit and I'm going to have to read the blurb to know if Elena comes back. Glad I didn't actually pay for Nightfall and The Return. Gosh!"
02/01/2011 page 385
94.0% "So Damon is back. It's about bloody time too. Gosh! I was starting to get worried that I wouldn't see him until Midnight. The book is almost finished and i am looking forward to reading Midnight only because i know by the blurb that THE VD trio come back into force. Only a few more pages to go and the sooner Klaus dies the happier we will all be...don't you think so? =)"
02/01/2011 page 410