Laura's Reviews > Fat Vampire: A Never Coming of Age Story

Fat Vampire by Adam Rex

Oct 07, 10

bookshelves: fiction, young-adult, vampires, funny

I wasn't sure what to expect with this book. I decided to read/listen to it because of the title and cover. Judging a book by it's cover in this case turned out well. Doug finds himself a vampire. He doesn't look like typical vampire and he doesn't really want to be one. He's 15, short, a little chubby. He loves comic books and goes to Comic Con (another reason to love the book). But a vampire he is. He's told one person, his best friend Jay. Together they get into some trouble with Pandas and Cows. There are ups and downs for Doug. From trying to find food that isn't human to trying to find others like him and trying to date a girl. Then there is another side to the book. There is a basic cable show called Vampire Hunters. They track "vampires" and try to send them back to hell. In fact they haven't found any vampires yet, but they are now tracking one that was in San Diego. This book was really funny. I listened to the audio and really liked the narrator. He really made the different characters come out with his different accents. And, I think it really helped with some of the humor. The ending was different and I LOVED it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fat Vampire.