Ezinwanyi~ThatEzi (Oh My Shelves)'s Reviews > Shades of Gray

Shades of Gray by L.M. Pruitt

I recommend this book for the romantic content (not to sappy or vulgar), some hardcore fighting (good vs. evil) and for the excellent story telling. I just loved it.

This book introduces us to Jude, a street hustler, who had no idea of who her family was. One day, a man named Williams appears, and thus begins the process of Jude learning about herself and her destiny. We learn about her connection to a group of people known as the convenant. This group of protectors are lead by a woman named Gillian, who becomes Jude's mentor. As Jude is learning about herself and the covenant, a threat appears in the form of an evil guy named Hart. Laying dormant in Jude, is an arsenal of really cool powers, which makes her a force to be reckoned with. So ultimately, Jude and Hart must face off in a battle.

I loved Jude's "hardness" or survival instincts as the author phrased it. I also loved her interaction with the other characters, as she was just a sarcastic, witty heroine.

The writer tells the story in such vivid descriptions that I felt that I was on those streets, I felt like I could smell the beignets or envision the moody New Orleans weather. This was an action packed journey that Jude and the Convenant takes the reader on.

Such great writing. I mean, this book was just so engaging. I would have loved to learn more about Hart's younger years. Being that evil had to take some time to develop so maybe we can get a book on them growing up. Also, I really thought she would end up someone different than who she did (I don't want to give it away) but she made her choice and stuck to it. I really liked her man, I mean he is a good man and treats like she is the best thing ever, but I liked the dark, mysterious thing with Guy #1. I just felt like there was unfinished business there, so I will have to wait for the sequel.

I recommend this book to all PNR/UF lovers. You won't be able to put this book down.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shades of Gray.