Cait's Reviews > Zombies Vs. Unicorns

Zombies Vs. Unicorns by Holly Black

Dec 10, 10

bookshelves: collected-stories, currently-to-shelve, all-of-my-reviewed-books
Read from December 07 to 09, 2010

So apparently I am Team Zombie after all. I was not expecting that!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Zombies Vs. Unicorns.

12/07/2010 page 3
1.0% "Garth Nix, The Highest Justice (Unicorn) - disappointing; it just needed to twist a little to reach its creepy potential, but instead it was bland."
12/07/2010 page 21
5.0% "Alaya Dawn Johnson, Love Will Tear Us Apart (Zombie) - ahhh! now that's what a short story should be!"
12/10/2010 page 51
12.0% "Naomi Novik, Purity Test (Unicorn) - hard to separate this from the reading I heard her do on her book tour, which was hilarious. fun to revisit that!"
12/10/2010 page 71
17.0% "Carrie Ryna, Bougainvillea (Zombies) - post-apocalyptic, but not in a way that really moved me"
12/10/2010 page 111
27.0% "Margo Lanagan, A Thousand Flowers (Unicorn) - I don't say this often, but: I don't get this story. I don't get it at all."
12/10/2010 page 147
35.0% "Maureen Johnson, The Children of the Revolution (Zombies) - this felt like some weird morality piece on irresponsibility and capitalism. Not in a good way."
12/10/2010 page 181
44.0% "Diana Peterfreund, The Care and Feeding of Your Baby Killer Unicorn (Unicorn) - not really a short story; this feels more like the first few chapters of a mid-series novel. I have a feeling it's set in the same world as the author's Killer Unicorns series."
12/10/2010 page 239
58.0% "Scott Westerfield, Inoculata (Zombies) - post-apocalyptic, in the way that I do like. Apparently I am falling pretty heavily Team Zombie here, which is not what I was expecting."
12/10/2010 page 275
66.0% "Meg Cabot, Princess Prettypants (Unicorn) - okay, this is seriously awesome, though. A unicorn and *real* teenagers!"
12/10/2010 page 325
78.0% "Cassandra Clare, Cold Hands (Zombie) - had all the makings of a good fairy tale, but failed to shake them into place."
12/10/2010 page 351
85.0% "Kathleen Duey, The Third Virgin (Unicorn) - okay, now this one (unlike the Killer Unicorns from earlier) actually makes unicorns creepy and scary, probably because "venomous predator" falls way below "serial killer" on the scale of actual fear."
12/10/2010 page 385
93.0% "Libba Bray, Prom Night (Zombies) - and again with the post-apocalyptic awesomeness! this one feels like a short story that would expand into an excellent novel...."
show 1 hidden update…