Nicole's Reviews > Unearthly

Unearthly by Cynthia Hand

Dec 29, 2010

Read from October 07 to 11, 2010

Why you should read this book:

1.I love LOVE this story! It’s exciting and romantic, plus it has me wanting to take a trip to Wyoming.

2.The story is about Clara, an angel-blood, who must figure out her purpose, which we get a hint of in the very mysterious prologue. Clara must save a boy, the very cute Christian. He is her destiny and believes that they belong together. However Clara starts falling for the wrong boy and instead becomes attached to Tucker. Ooh the drama!

3.There’s great tension and awkward moments in this story where you feel sympathetic for the characters and also want to scream at them.

4.It’s also a story about destiny and choices. Clara has to learn to make tough decisions and whether she will blindly follow her visions of her purpose.

5.She meets some great characters along the way that add more mysteries to the story, such as what secrets her mother, brother, and best friend are keeping from her. The story leaves you with questions that instantly make you want to read book 2. I also can’t wait to see how the consequences of Clara’s choices turn out.

Overall, this book was filled with such wonderful mystery, romance, and excitement that I ended up choosing this book over sleep. There wasn’t a dull moment and I can’t wait to read more from this author.
8 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unearthly.