Namratha's Reviews > Untamed

Untamed by P.C. Cast

Dec 02, 11

bookshelves: ya-lit, urban-fantasy, fantasy, house-of-night-series, vamp-lit
Read in October, 2010

UNTAMED is a vast improvement on the previous three instalments. Finally there’s some “save-the-world-from-dire-distress” happening.

There’s a new powerful fledgling in The House of Night: James Stark who Zoey Redbird immediately forms a connection with. He reveals the affinity given to him by The Goddess Nyx and the two seem to share an instinctive understanding about the respective crosses that they must bear. Sadly, like all the other crappy things going on in her life, Stark dies before going through the "CHANGE".

With the brutal murders of two important vampyre teachers, The House of Night has upped it’s security. The vigilant warriors called The Sons of Erebus are stationed all over the school and Shekinah, the High Priestess of all vampyres has made an entry into the school.

But dark evil is slowly raising it’s head. Suddenly, Zoey begins to fear the friendly night as things get murkier. Neferet is playing a dangerous game and has decided to raise an ancient demon that will make all the problems that Zoey has faced up till now look like playground politics.

This was a good instalment...much, much better than the Gossip-Girl prattle of the preceding books. One of my favourite characters, Grandma Redbird is finally playing a chunkier and more involved role. The introduction of unbiased nun, Sister Mary Angela promises to be a surprising but convincing choice. Zoey displays a growing maturity and this worked for me because frankly all the “boyfriend-drama” was getting a tad contrived.

The writing was good enough to ignore the tedious repetitions. Truly, an episode that would have made Buffy and her Scooby Gang proud.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Untamed.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bethany (new) - added it

Bethany Hey how do istart reading this book it won't let me

Namratha Hey Bethany...why won't the book let you?

message 3: by Tera (new) - rated it 1 star

Tera Johnson The fourth book had the most grammatical errors! Why am I the only one noticing this?! How can you read them when they're so poorly written. I've tried for several years now to get through the series because I love the story, but the author is a disgrace of an English teacher (or was, she quit to take on writing. TERRIBLE mistake). It makes me terribly sad.

Namratha Tera wrote: "The fourth book had the most grammatical errors! Why am I the only one noticing this?! How can you read them when they're so poorly written. I've tried for several years now to get through the ser..."

I feel your pain, Tera :(