Sara Diane's Reviews > The Mysterious Benedict Society

bookshelves: 2008, childrens, for-rebekah, reviewed
Recommended to Sara Diane by: Mark Tuggle
Recommended for: everyone
Read in January, 2008

Amazing- a delightful story that makes you think. Characters that are unique and gifted but who learn to use those gifts together to overcome. I have no book to compare this too- it isn't Narnia, but the charm is very much the same. I adore it and will likely re-read it. I'm so glad my friend, Mark, recommended it. A great book to read aloud to your kids!
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Mysterious Benedict Society.

Comments (showing 1-5)

dateUp arrow    newest »

message 5: by Library (new)

Library Lady Sara, this is a great book. I was able to read an advance copy. Nice to know that it's out. VJD

Sara Diane I have a hold for it at the library, can't wait to get it. It is a bit young for the reading challenge I'm doing (we require the teens to read YA or up, or ages 13 and up), but Mark Tuggle said that he and Penny got a kick out of it so I'm going to read it. I might let the teens count it as well once I've finished it.

message 3: by Library (new)

Library Lady It was considered a YA book by the publishers if my memory serves me correctly. It really held my interest even though on a lower than normal reading level. VJD

Sara Diane Amazon lists the level as ages 9-13, and that is below what I want the teens reading- but since I'm in charge, I can have the final say! If the story is well crafted then I might allow it.

message 1: by Library (new)

Library Lady Glad you liked it as much as I did. I have asked my children's librarian to order it.
VJD