Kristi's Reviews > Knuffle Bunny Free: An Unexpected Diversion

Knuffle Bunny Free by Mo Willems

Oct 06, 10

bookshelves: picture-books

Not a surprise that the third book in the Knuffle Bunny series is so great. This time Trixie is older (maybe 2nd or 3rd grade) and accidentally leaves her bunny on the airplane when she visits grandparents in Holland.
It's torment to be separated. Everyone tries to console Trixie in their own way (including a 6 foot tall deranged looking pink bunny replacement) and nothing works. I won't give away the ending, but I'll say that it involves the plane ride home, a reunitement, and a departure... Hmmm. Think about the title-it can be read more than one way. ;-)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Knuffle Bunny Free.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nan (new)

Nan Hey Kristi,

Have you read How Rocket Learned to Read by Tod Hill yet? It's a terrific book for pre-schoolers through first grade about the wonders of reading. It's on the NY Times best seller list for kid's books right now, so it must be getting some buzz. Check it out!

Nan

Kristi Ooooh, no, I haven't read it. I'll have to go back to B & N tomorrow. I was already there today to pick up a boatload of books for Indi. It's teacher appreciation days (25%) right now, so it's a good time to stock up for Christmas and birthdays. :-)

Thank you for the recommendation! I can always count on you for them.

Take care,
Kristi

message 3: by Nan (new)

Nan Kathy and I went to B & N today for the Educator's reception. Tim Kehoe, the author of The Unusual World of Vincent Shadow was the speaker. I had read the book this summer, and thought it was okay, but Kehoe was a FABULOUS presenter. He's also a toy inventor and he gave an enthusiastic talk about the creative process. We're going to see if he can come to Falcon (He lives in St. Paul) because the kids would LOVE him. I also recently found out about a wonderful book called Beautiful Oops. It about how you can turn a mistake into something wonderful. You can see a video of it on its Amazon web page. How Rocket Learned to Read has a video on its page as well. Enjoy!

message 4: by Nan (new)

Nan I stand corrected. Two things: the author of Rocket is Tad Hills, not Tod Hill and Tim Kehoe's book is The Unusual MIND of Vincent Shadow, not "world". Two other new books you might want to take a look at: Interrupting Chicken by David Ezra Stein and Children Make Terrible Pets by Peter Brown. Let me know what you think!