Rebecca's Reviews > If I Stay

If I Stay by Gayle Forman

Dec 25, 10

bookshelves: i-own, tears-were-shed

** spoiler alert ** This book was heartbreaking, because the situation is so painful. It made mee wonder what my decision would have been if I was in the main character's shoes. Die with your family, or go on living with your heart full of pain and regret? I was glad with her final choice, because she saw that, even though there would be a lot to deal with, she could go on. I love this book because of the real emotion in it.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read If I Stay.

Quotes Rebecca Liked

Gayle Forman
“I realize now that dying is easy. Living is hard.”

Gayle Forman
“Losing me will hurt; it will be the kind of pain that won't feel real at first, and when it does, it will take her breath away.”

Gayle Forman
“I'm not sure this is a world I belong in anymore. I'm not sure that I want to wake up.”

Gayle Forman
“Sometimes you make choices in life and sometimes choices make you.”

Gayle Forman
“I'm not choosing, but I'm running out of fight.”

Gayle Forman
“If you stay, I'll do whatever you want. I'll quit the band, go with you to New York. But if you need me to go away, I'll do that, too. I was talking to Liz and she said maybe coming back to your old life would be too painful, that maybe it'd be easier for you to erase us. And that would suck, but I'd do it. I can lose you like that if I don't lose you today. I'll let you go. If you stay.”

Gayle Forman
“Please Mia," he implores. "Don't make me write a song.”

Gayle Forman
“And that's just it, isn't it? That's how we manage to survive the loss. Because love, it never dies, it never goes away, it never fades, so long as you hang on to it.”

Gayle Forman
“I just wanted to tell you that I understand if you go. It’s okay if you have to leave us. It’s okay if you want to stop fighting.”