♡Karlyn P♡'s Reviews > Stranger

Stranger by Zoe Archer

Dec 14, 10

bookshelves: ebook, genre-historical, genre-paranromal, published-2010, steam-hot, read-2010
Read from December 05 to 12, 2010

Overall I thought it was enjoyable but I did start to struggle at around the halfway mark. I'd give it a 3.5 to 4 stars. I really missed the balance of reality vs. paranormal that the other books had. This one was pure over-the-top fantasy world like Alice in Wonderland or something along the lines of an acid trip, (i.e.,16-feet tall imaginary historical characters coming to life.) Nothing felt real about this story, so it wasn't what I was expecting or hoping. Also, didn't really love the relationship between Catullus and Gemma. A bit too syrupy sweet. And for three books now we hear all about his great inventions skill, so you would think we would see a lot of that in his book. But not much. A battle scene early in the book implies his ingenuity but we don't see much else. Still, the series rocked as a whole and I am a solid fan of Zoe Archer.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stranger.

12/05/2010
30.0% "Loving the chemistry bewteen Catullus and Gemma!" 3 comments
12/05/2010
43.0% "Chaos is raining!! And Catullus getting nervous around Gemma is frankly hot. He is so beside himself, and she loves it too. Oh this is good!"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kathleen (new)

Kathleen Hey, where's the review? I'm reading away and I'm surprised to find myself a bit bored. I know it's gonna pick up it's gotta!

♡Karlyn P♡ Kathleen wrote: "Hey, where's the review? I'm reading away and I'm surprised to find myself a bit bored. I know it's gonna pick up it's gotta!"

I need to work on it! :-) Overall I thought it was enjoyable but I did start to struggle at around the halfway mark. I'd give it a 3.5-4 stars. I really missed the balance of reality vs. paranormal that the other books had. This one was pure over-the-top fantasy world like Alice in Wonderland or something. Nothing felt real about this story, so it wasn't what I was expecting or hoping. Also, didn't really love the relationship between Catullus and Gemma. A bit too syrupy sweet. But the series rocked as a whole, and I am a solid fan of Zoe Archer.

Rane KarLynP wrote: "Kathleen wrote: "Hey, where's the review? I'm reading away and I'm surprised to find myself a bit bored. I know it's gonna pick up it's gotta!"

I need to work on it! :-) Overall I thought it was ..."

you think ZA ran out of steam to the end?

♡Karlyn P♡ Rane wrote: "KarLynP wrote: "Kathleen wrote: "Hey, where's the review? I'm reading away and I'm surprised to find myself a bit bored. I know it's gonna pick up it's gotta!"

I need to work on it! :-) Overall..."

LOL! Maybe too much steam?! All were good, but the difference between 1 and 4 was huge, not all fans will follow that far along. (Husband telling me to log off, hates the sound of typing - will resume later. :) Happy Holidays!

Keri Great review. Looking forward to reading this. :-)

chanceofbooks I agree that we needed more Cattalus inventions! But overall, such an awesome series!