~Tina~'s Reviews > Second Kiss

Oct 06, 2010

bookshelves: read-2010, young-adult, own-copy
Read from December 27 to 28, 2010

(4.5 stars)

I really liked this one!

Second Kiss was a really enjoyable heartfelt story about coming of age and the awkward and clumsy way you stumble through becoming a teen, school, family and first love.

Jess and Gemma are such an irresistible couple and I found myself really looking forward to there moments. They have a natural and easy chemistry that I thought was very honest and beautiful not to mention adorable and very, very sweet. I loved how there friendship never wavered and they were a total constant in each others lives. Especially when they had to face some family hardships along the way.
It's so hard to find your voice at that age, so some of the scenes were filled with a lot of tension you could cut with a knife which made it even more delicious.

The writing is well done and while the storyline was rushed in some places, I still really enjoyed the way these characters were handled. This is exactly how a teenager would act when they are unsure, scared, nervous and vulnerable. Natalie Palmer delivered a set of well defined characters to a very realistic plot-line and nailed it! I'm hoping that Jess and Gemma's story doesn't end here. I definitely want another round with these two!

All in all, I thought this was a fast, light, sweet and lovely story that had me gushing like I was a teen all over again and I just really loved it!

Well done!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Second Kiss.

~Tina~ Thanks for the rec Arlene!

message 2: by Nic (new)

Nic Great review Tina. Must read this soon :)

Arlene Glad you liked it Tina! I'm almost done with it and I'm enjoying it too. :)

~Tina~ Thanks guys! I hope you end up liking it Nic, and Arlene, I'm glad your enjoying. I can't seem to get some of the scenes out of my head. Too cute!

message 5: by Laraine (new) - added it

Laraine Nice review! Will definitely be looking out for this one :)

~Tina~ Thank-you, I really loved this one:)

Natalie Thanks for the great review of my book! I wanted to let you know that the sequel to Second Kiss is finished and will be released to the public on November 19, 2013. But you can get a copy early from me (the author) at www.nataliepalmerbooks.blogspot.com. Spread the word!! :)

~Tina~ Thanks for letting me know, I look forward to reading it:)