Jessica B's Reviews > Beyond the Highland Mist

Beyond the Highland Mist by Karen Marie Moning

Nov 30, 10

bookshelves: time-travel, historical-romance, karen-marie-moning, kindle, own, 2010, fairie-fey, delirity-challenges
Read from November 28 to 30, 2010

Well it wasn't an epic love story but it was still cute and quite funny in parts. When a fairy jester wants revenge on the beautiful laird Hawk he brings Adrienne through time to taunt him. But what he doesn't know is the power of true love. ( I know so corny right!)

I had a hard time developing my own view of the characters while reading this book. It was like they were blank images in my head. I wish the author would have developed them a little bit better ... and perhaps had Hawk actaully falling in love with Adrienne in a more "real" sort of way. He just seemed to be in love and that was it. At least it took her a while to come to the conclusion... and she trase dhim all the way. It was delightful!

Overall though the book was cute and no matter what I like a good time travel/ historical/ romance/ paranormal story every now and again. I will likely continue the series as I've heard it goes uphill from here.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Beyond the Highland Mist.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Carolyn F. I like her Fever series better but these are pretty good.

Holly I read this book last year and recently read book one in her Fever series, I have to say the Fever series was better, but maybe this is a series that gets better as it goes?

Carolyn F. I'm hoping, I keep reading the books as I find them. Other people just rave about this series.

Holly Maybe I'll get to read the second book soon and see how it goes! lol

Jessica B I didn't love the second book either. I've heard they pick up around book 4.

I'm looking forward to the Fever series but I wanted to finish this one first. We'll see how it goes. :)

Holly Lol, I think I will pick up the second one before I read anymore of the Fever series. Though it is a temptation! lol