Nancy's Reviews > The Time Traveler's Wife

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Jun 24, 09

bookshelves: fiction, romance, sf-fantasy, time-travel, waste-of-trees, abandoned
Read in August, 2005

I gave up reading after 200 pages or so and don't quite know where to begin what I found wrong with the book. The characters were flat and I didn't connect with any of them, the writing style was dull, and while I generally love time travel stories, the time travel aspect in The Time Traveler's Wife wasn't that believable to me. I would have given up sooner, but read so many positive reviews that I had hopes it would get better.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Funny that you did a review just as I am working on an assignment of Dystopian and Utopian societies and how that's related to mass media. This book was mentioned as an example of dystopian novel LOL

Nichole (Dirty H) This book was mentioned as an example of a dystopian novel? This makes no sense to me. Did they say why?

Nancy Maybe it's the time travel aspect that enables the characters to choose different possible futures for themselves that makes this book qualify. I can think of lots better examples in this genre. I hope you don't have to read this for your assignment, Rambling.

kisha Well Typically I can depend on your reviews to let me know if a book will be good or not because I've noticed we like most of the same books. But I already bought this book yesterday before reading your review (stomping my feet right now) so maybe this will be the one and only...well second book that we disagree on (I didnt enjoy Incidents in the Life of a Slave Girl).

kisha You were right....the book is boring. Im at pae 250 and its taking me for ever to read one chapter. Dull characters unrealistic time travelling. I don't think that I'm going to finish.

message 6: by Petra X (new)

Petra X I couldn't read it either. I don't think I made 20 pages before I gave it up.

Nancy Glad to know other felt the same way. :)