Ozma's Reviews > Last Night at Chateau Marmont

Last Night at Chateau Marmont by Lauren Weisberger

Oct 05, 10

bookshelves: signed-by-the-author, feels-like-i-read-it-yesterday
Read in October, 2010

I always love a good Lauren Weisberger! She is very consistent -- always a good read with a compelling female lead I can identify with in one way or the other. My only complaint is that she doesn't write books quick enough! I thought she was a one-hit wonder with "The Devil Wears Prada," but she has 3 books, including this one, that I have truly enjoyed! While some may argue they are not "high literature" necessarily, I will respond, what other has the boldness to describing taking a hot bath, reading a gossip magazine and taking a sleeping pill as standard single girl behavior? (I thought my friends and I were the only ones, ha ha!) I also liked that the main character, despite being a nutritionist herself, also secretly admitted to feeling overweight and typical-looking. Finally, I was a fan of this book because I own the shoes on the cover! I bought them on sale at Giuseppi Zannotti and felt validated that they had been selected!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Last Night at Chateau Marmont.