Nancy's Reviews > The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time

The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time by Mark Haddon

Apr 12, 08

bookshelves: fiction, disability, audio-books, library-books
Read in June, 2004

I really enjoyed this very engaging story told from the perspective of an autistic boy named Christopher. It was sad and hilariously funny too, especially considering that some of the narrator's behavioral problems are also seen in "normal" people. I still get a chuckle when I think about Christopher's reason for disliking corn.

Another good story featuring an autistic narrator is Elizabeth Moon's Speed of Dark.
17 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-Time.

Comments (showing 1-7)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Sandi Nancy, this book is on sale at Audible for $4.95. How's the narration?

Nancy Here's a sample of the narration by Jeff Woodman. I really enjoyed it.

Sandi Thanks! I went ahead and downloaded it. At $4.95, I figured I can't go too wrong.

Nancy Hope you like it, Sandi. I'm looking forward to your review.

Nitzan Schwarz Hey there :) Did you know something amazing about this book? The author never researched or studied autism before he wrote it! And it STILL feels so authentic! Isn't that incredible?

kisha My job is starting a book club and this is what we will read. I'm excited about it! Sounds good. And I can always depend on you and your reviews!

Nancy Thanks, Kisha. It's not much of a review. Just a few sentences written well after I read the book. One of of these days I'll read it again and write a proper review. :)