Terra's Reviews > I Dream of Genies

I Dream of Genies by Judi Fennell

Dec 08, 10

Read in December, 2010

First off let me say that I enjoyed Judi's Mermaid series immensely but I Dream of Genies makes the rest of them pale in comparison. This book is such a hoot! I started laughing right from the very first page and couldn't stop even after I finished the book. I still giggle when I think about so many different scenes. If you want to start your New Year off with a bang and full of laughter then this is something you must read. It rates right up there with Godiva chocolates everyone! YUMM!

Poor Eden our heroine has been stuck inside a bottle for nearly two thousand years. Not that she's been deprived in said bottle for all the creature comforts but hey we all need some shopping, sex, chocolate, sex, fresh air, sex. Get my drift? Guess there are a few drawbacks to having all the creature comforts. LOL!

Matt Ewing is luscious. Works out everyday running past Eden's bottle only to unknowingly torture her with a body of Adonis. He's as kind and the sun is bright but has the Luck o the Irish, or is it bad luck you might say. Try as he might he just can't seem to get things to go the way he would like them and he puts all his effort and skills into whatever he tackles. That's enough to give anyone a complex. And if that's not bad enough, his brother is perfection personified which irritates the Hell out of Matt to no end.

The story starts out with Eden wishing like crazy for a way out of her glass prison and Matt wishing for a break. Well I guess you can say they both get their wish when Matt happens to be in the right place at the right time to have Eden land face first in his lap unconscious and he just doesn't know what to do. Should he thank God for this delivery or try and wake up this raven beauty before someone thinks he might have done her harm. Talk about an opener to a book. Whew..........!!!

Judi Fennell has really done her homework here. This story is ripe with one liners, unpredictable predicaments, Genie on the run, poor sap as a hero that just can't seem to keep his flag from flying at full mast and a array or quirky hilarious characters. This goes from giggle mode to all out laughter in less time than it takes to snap your fingers.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read I Dream of Genies.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Judi (new)

Judi Fennell Ah, Terra, I'm so glad you enjoyed it! Thanks for the great review and Happy New Year!