John Pierre's Reviews > Crunch Time

Crunch Time by Mariah Fredericks

M_50x66
Oct 05, 10

Read in September, 2010

The title of the book was called Crunch Time. It was wrote by Mariah Fredericks. And, the genre is realistic fiction, because it could happen in real life. It about four friends studying for the SAT’s. And everybody start getting crazy about whether or not they are going to pass. Then when it is over and everyone got some good grades on the score. Someone had cheated on the test. Now everybody is wondering who the cheater and if this is going to affect there test too. People are saying it is Daisy, Leo, or Max.

It shows how some people cheat in life to get it easy. Like how some people who steal stuff or how people try to hack money so they an get it. it is different, because it show how people don’t care and don’t really try. It is mostly in the present, like how it is really thing that we could do. Yes, because he use some o.k. imagery to show how things are. I usually can sense it with my eyes open. Like how he says the room is wide, with the smell of the new room smell.

Yeah, because they show them as people like us. Like kids who is in high school and are seeing what they going to be when they grow up. There are really four main characters. One of them is Max, who is shy and has a low self-esteem. He also has a crush on Daisy, but gets rejected. Then Daisy, who is open minded and loves to talk. She starts out hating Leo, but they soon enough go out. Leo is a cocky guy, who always want to be on top. Then Jane who is usually anti-social because that she has a movie star as a mom. But, once she knows them she starts to talk to some people. I don’t really like Leo, because of how he is. And, think Daisy is making a mistake of going out with him. But, she’ll find out. It don’t really change my attitude about this book. Because, it supposed to get the reader to have feelings of the book.

That it is not good to cheat to get what you desire. Daisy, when Jane tells her and they have a fight about it. Not really, because I don’t really cheat. Not really either, because it really tells me to know your friends well.

The book was good, not I’m going to read it again good but good. I like how they wrote and format it. This book really got me into the feel though. So this would be a good book for some people to read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Crunch Time.