Ace's Reviews > Feed

Feed by Mira Grant

Oct 27, 10

Read from October 05 to 19, 2010

"After finding a cure to common cold and cancer, the world became more catastrophic. Instead of making the world better, it turned out to be more disastrous due to the medicine invented to cure the said dieseases.

Another president will be voted, who the people expect at least to manage the cause of the uncureable disease. Three journalists was granted an access of following the one of the presidentiable's campaign, and here, their adventure will start..."

Zombies? I'm not quite sure if I love zombies, even in movies. For me, they are one of the lamest creature ever created, next to vampires(sorry for the fans of zombies and vampires).

When my bookish friend, Tina(See her review of feed here), lend me this book, I'm not sure if it will arouse my curiousity of reading a zombie book because I know that the plot will always be the same. Since Tina knows how to determine a great book and I also trust her taste in books, then I felt that I should give this book a try. After reading the book, my belief changed... and thanks to Tina for that.

As I've said, the plot is the same as the other zombie movies have, but the way the author wrote the book is much different, that's why I liked Feed. The book is written in Georgia Mason's point of view, but it is also followed by the perspective of the other character's blog in the end of each chapter.

I love Shaun, Georgia's brother. I love the way he talk, the way he act and the way he think. I wish I do have a brother like him. I swear, If I do have a brother like him, I'll always spank his face and will always kick his ass!

Honestly, the book started slow and picked up on the later part, but once you got "there", I swear, you will wish you have all the time to finish the book in one sitting. The author really amazed me on how she concocted zombie and dystopia, she must be a genius because she actually did that awesomely.

The ending is unpredictable, and you'll be surprised that it is already happening without any warning... so be prepared before you read this novel.

If you love zombies, then you must read this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Feed.

10/05/2010 page 30
show 6 hidden updates…

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Absolutely May utang ka pa na review! Ikuwento mo, ako na lang ang susulat ha ha.

message 2: by Ace (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ace Kung kaya ko lang gawin lahat ng sabay-sabay, gagawin ko. Ngyon ako naniniwala sa kasabihang "be careful what you wish for" dahil nung natupad ang wish ko, eto naman ang price... laging pagod! hahaha!

message 3: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Absolutely Na-promote ka? Congratulations!

message 4: by Ace (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ace K.D. wrote: "Na-promote ka? Congratulations!"

hahaha! wish ko lang...

Tina I told you zombies are awesome :p

Tina Wait may pahabol. Zombies are awesome when written properly. :p heh. I just read a zombie book na medyo di ako natuwa sooo. Hehe. ^^

message 7: by Ace (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ace Tina: yes, they are awesome when written properly, at dahil diyan babasahin ko na yung forest tsaka yung the enemy. hehehe

message 8: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Absolutely Nice review! I am not sure if I like zombies in books but I like them in movies. But I like vampires both in books and movies. This should be a great book but I will not borrow yet because I still have lots in my tbr.

message 9: by Ace (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ace KD: hiramin mo nalang kay tina yung book, I'm trying to buy my own copy, but it is already sold out :(

message 10: by K.D. (new)

K.D. Absolutely Hindi na muna this year. Gumuguho na ang mga libro ko sa bahay! ha ha. Thanks, Ace. Sana makasama ka sa Sabado. Wala pang balita kay Sherish eh.

message 11: by Tina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tina Ace wrote: "KD: hiramin mo nalang kay tina yung book, I'm trying to buy my own copy, but it is already sold out :("

message 12: by Ace (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ace Tina wrote: "Ace wrote: "KD: hiramin mo nalang kay tina yung book, I'm trying to buy my own copy, but it is already sold out :("

Meron pa 2 copies sa Fully Booked Eastwood! :) I checked last night, meron pa! :)"

ang layo naman :(

message 13: by Tina (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tina Call and have it transferred :)

message 14: by Ace (new) - rated it 4 stars

Ace oo nga pala... sige papatransfer ko kung may stock pa