Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog)'s Reviews > Destined for an Early Grave

Destined for an Early Grave by Jeaniene Frost

Now I know why this series is so massively popular!

I have a bit of a confession to make before I talk about this book. First off, I wasn’t too keen on the Night Huntress thing when I started the series earlier this year. In fact, I hated Cat and her beliefs about vampires and wasn’t that enamoured by Bones in the previous three books. That being said, I was skeptical going into this book because I was hoping and praying that this one would capture my attention. Going into this, my favourite book was One Grave at a Time, but after reading Destined to an Early Grave, I love this one more!

I know Frost fans hated the fighting between Cat and Bones, but for some odd reason I revelled in it. No, I didn’t laugh evilly every time they fought, but I thought that Frost did a great job of showing the ups and downs of a relationship. Not only did this make me devour the pages, but I felt that it strengthened Cat and Bones’s relationship in a much better way than if they were frolicking in a field with butterflies and roses and unicorns.

Most of the time, Bones and Cat fought because of misunderstandings. Added onto that is the threat of Gregor, a powerful and really old vampire known as the Dreamsnatcher who claims that Cat is his wife. And you know the deal with vampires....they always claim what is theirs.

I loved seeing Bones’s jealous and of course, wished that it was aimed at me and not Cat. But, hey what can you do? It’s fiction! I can do anything I want.

This book was great! And now I can truly say that I’m a Frost fan because guess who is my wallpaper at the moment! You guessed it, BONES!!! That man does bad things to me.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Destined for an Early Grave.

08/09/2011 page 50
14.0% "Love."
08/09/2011 page 270
76.0% "Obsessed."

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

are you loving it??? this one has been my abso fav so far!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I have 100 pages left and I dont want it to end!

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Annie *Leather Lust* wrote: "YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

I have 100 pages left and I dont want it to end!"

take your time b/c the next one is a let-down...not trying to put a damper on the future read, but it's def lacking....

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Awww booo! Damnit! I was going to start that today! I'm hoping to get caught up on the Georgina Kincaid series also for when the last book comes out!

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Well both are coming out soon...but I recommend since this is going to be the final GK book that you go with THOSE!!! hehe! I can't wait!!!

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I'm going to read the next Night Huntress since its one last book. And then see if I can finish GK this month also.

message 7: by [deleted user] (new)

you go girl! LOL...I'm in a reading slump right now.

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) I was a litle bit. This is getting me out of it though

message 9: by Tay (new)

Tay Faine Fantastic review. I'm about to read the fourth book. One question.. I'll still read it.. I'm aware they spent time apart... During those times apart did Bones sleep with anyone? I keep seeing people call him a man whore in their reviews! LOL

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Oh god, Tay. To be honest, I've read this book so long ago that I can't remember the details. My first instinct would to reply and say no though. But again, it's been such a long time I could be wrong. I know that doesn't exactly reassure you, lol sorry!

message 11: by Tay (new)

Tay Faine Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) wrote: "Oh god, Tay. To be honest, I've read this book so long ago that I can't remember the details. My first instinct would to reply and say no though. But again, it's been such a long time I could be wr..."

Ha I don't blame you sweetheart! I need me some Bones. I'm his number one gay fan ;-D

Annie (Under the Covers Book Blog) Yay!!! Isn't he great?!