Donna's Reviews > Enemy Within

Oct 29, 10

bookshelves: sci-fi, 2010-read, romance
Read from October 26 to 28, 2010, read count: 1

My rating: 4.5 stars

Wow! This book was a very interesting read, full of action and emotional exploration within the heroine's past and torturous experiences. It was also very different from my usual reading choices. I've read maybe a handful of futuristic sci-fi novels but this one really pulled me in, especially the double innuendo bantering between Ari and Cullin. Those two just clicked for me right from the moment they came into contact with each other in the story.

All of the character's had very real personalities that were easy to visualize and relate to. And, Oh my! The enemy. The enemy was so horrendously dark and evil, I felt for Ari on so many levels concerning them.

I will admit that at times I was a little lost on some of the sci-fi lingo but it didn't effect my reading experience in the least bit. Marcella Burnard has this reader looking forward to reading more sci-fi fiction, especially from her.
1 like • Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Enemy Within.

new_user Yay! Glad to hear it! I'm reading it soon!

Donna I'd love to know what you think since you've read a few sci-fi novels. Let me know how this one fits with others. :)

new_user Will do! :)

Lizz Hi Donna, Marcella's next book is due out this spring!

Donna Thanks Liz! I have it on my to-read list, definitely looking forward to reading Enemy Games. :)