Emanuela ~plastic duck~'s Reviews > Old Poison

Old Poison by Josh Lanyon

May 24, 12

bookshelves: rainbow-gay, glbt, action-crime-suspense, romance
Read on December 31, 2010

I really enjoyed this story because I liked Will and Taylor in Dangerous Ground and seeing how things developed after the first book was really interesting.

The writing is amazing, I'll never stop saying it. There were moments that were told as if in slow motion, where you could really see how the story played from the eyes of the protagonists. Will and Taylor have still some issues to work over and they try to do it like people in real life do: step by step, with misunderstandings, leaving some things unsaid, saying something and meaning something else. They do not express their feelings in long and elaborate dialogs, their verbal exchanges were even frustrating at times, because you could see how the thoughts in their heads were misrepresented in their behavior.

The two of them have their bags of insecurities and they bring them into their relationship. I must say that I'm not really understanding Will, the whole thing with his former love interest, Bradley, was unsettling. On the other hand, I really liked the way they communicated through sex, the love scenes were never meaningless and they were pretty hot.

The next book is Blood Heat and I'm looking forward to reading it.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Old Poison.

12/31/2010
30.0% "Bradley's looming and what about that snake?"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Bookwatcher (new)

Bookwatcher Oh my gosh.... Another great serie I must read? :-(
I need more ebook sales :-p

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

As I've said....you cant miss w/ Lanyon :D

Emanuela ~plastic duck~ No, you can't miss and I think this one was hotter than the usual Lanyon's books.